Also known as "License Type", select the appropriate rights formats you wish to license the content under. You will need to state whether you want a specific rights format to be exclusive or non-exclusive, and you can also add holdbacks for other formats.
For the geography and license duration, state whether you prefer to have an exclusive license (no other broadcaster can license the content in your geography during the period of license) for the respective Rights Format.
If you selected Exclusive for S-VOD in all European counties for the year of 2019, then no other broadcaster will be able to license S-VOD in any European county in 2019.
Conversely, if you selected Non-Exclusive, then other broadcasters can also license (only non-exclusively) for the same or overlapping geographies and periods.
If you do not wish to license in a specific Rights Format, you can add a holdback restriction so other broadcasters cannot purchase a license during the holdback.
As an example, if you're a Free to Air broadcaster in the United Kingdom, in addition to requesting Exclusive rights to Free-to-Air in 2019 for the United Kingdom, you may also want to restrict UK Pay TV channels and S-VOD OTTs from licensing the same content for the first few months of your license to give you a competitive advantage. This is different from restricting Pay TV channels and S-VOD OTTs for the entire license period (for that, you'd need to also request Exclusive rights to Pay TV and S-VOD which will ultimately cost more.)
Supported Rights Formats
At this time, Vuulr supports the following Rights Formats:
- Free to Air - Typically free-to-access linear channels broadcast in clear (unencrypted) form.
- Pay TV - Premium and/or subscription-based television services.
- S-VOD - For a fixed, recurring fee, subscribers may have unlimited streaming to a licensed catalog of content for the duration of their active subscription term.
- A-VOD - Ad-supported content made available on an on-demand basis for streaming to end users.
- Transport - Used for aircraft, cruise ship or other transportation carriers.