Q. Who are the buyers on Vuulr?
A. Vuulr buyers are mainly global buyers looking to license quality content for free-to-air broadcasters, PayTV operators, PayTV channels, OTTs (VODs), Transport (inflight, cruises) etc.
Q. Where will the buyers come from?
A. Vuulr will be running ongoing marketing campaigns to recruit buyers to the platform using digital marketing, PR, CRM and attending key markets and trade shows e.g. MIP, ATF, APOS etc.
Q. How will I know when I’ve got an interested buyer?
A. You will get an email notification to the email address you provided during registration. Make sure vuulr.com emails are not sent to Junk/Spam.
Q. Can my distributor use Vuulr to sell my content?
A. Yes! You can use it AND your distributor can use it in parallel
Q. How will I know if my content listings are performing (views, open queries, closures etc)?
A. Not yet, but it’s in the plan.
Q. Will you collect consumption/success feedback from the buyer after broadcast on our behalf?
A. We can see this is valuable, but at the moment it’s only in the plan.
Q. Will you collect audience feedback or ratings from the local market(s) after broadcast on our behalf?
A. We can see this is valuable too, but again at the moment it’s only in the plan.
Q. What sort of content can I list?
A. We accept listings for broadcast-quality finished content for:
- TV Series
- TV Show/Special
- Web Series
- Short Form
When it comes to Genres, we accept:
Action, Adventure, Anime, Animation, Children's, Comedy, Crime, Documentary, Drama, Education, Erotic, Faith and Spirituality, Family, Fantasy, Food, Horror, Independent, Instructional, Lifestyle, Live Performance, Magazine, Music Performance, Musical, Mystery, Reality, Romance, Science Fiction, Sports, Suspense, Thriller, Variety/Talk Show, Western, Miscellaneous.
Q. What content can’t I list?
A. We do not accept advertisements, ingredient clips, interstitials and content considered as pornography or deemed illegal in its country of origin.
Q. Can I list content that’s in production (pre-sale rights)?
A. Yes, provided that it is for release within 12 months
Q. Can other sellers see my content?
Q. What do I need to have ready in order to list?
A. Listing Details, namely:
- Key artwork - the poster or 'cover art; for the content you are listing
- Listing details - for example: synopsis, run-time
- Production details - for example: producer, director
- Awards - any awards your listing has won or been nominated for
Add any additional images and also screeners/trailers, etc.
- Enter the ‘Availability’ for the listing
- Enter the ‘Unavailability’ for the listing
Q. How do we upload our content? (Individual titles vs whole catalogues)
A. There are two ways to load your listings into the Vuulr Marketplace
- One at a time via a Web form
- Bulk load via an Excel template
Q. Do I need to upload full broadcast-quality content?
A. No, our platform only requires ‘preview’ quality for your buyers to evaluate their interest. For uploading video assets, we support standard video formats such as MP4, AVIs etc. When in doubt, videos should be of HD quality and compression shouldn't be too poor to distract the buyer from evaluating the quality of the production.
- H.264 for the video codec (compression method).
- Frame rate: usually 29.97, but 24 and 25 are accepted as well.
- Sound codec: AAC-LC (Advanced Audio Codec)
- Sound sample rate: 48 kHz
- Audio quality: constant bitrate of 320 kbps
- Size and bitrate:
- Recommended 1920×1080 for 1080p HD video, 10Mbs - 20Mbs bitrate
- Also Allowed
- 1280×720 for 720p HD video, 5Mbs - 10Mbs bitrate
- 640×480 for standard definition 4:3 video, 2Mbs - 5Mbs bitrate
- 640×360 for standard definition 16:9 video, 2Mbs - 5Mbs bitrate
Q. Do you do the transcoding and delivery through Vuulr?
A. Not yet; it’s in the plan.
Q. What size and resolution do the images and video content for the listing need to be?
A. Please see the support article at https://support.vuulr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009147993
Q. Can I push my content to buyers?
A. Not now, but soon you will be able to promote your listings within the marketplace in search results. As a platform that prides itself on relevancy, we will never force listings on the buyers and will always respect their privacy.