What are Buyer Briefs?
You would see a list of Open briefs, they are posted by Buyers actively looking for content! Buying Organization is not revealed yet, so the briefs could be from different organizations.
The far right of the page shows you the status of each Buyer Brief:
1. "Open" briefs means they are currently open for Sellers to respond
2. "Closed" briefs means they are no longer available to respond
Click into each Buyer Brief, and you would see full brief details on the right. It covers the content requirement specified by the Buyer, so be sure to read it carefully and provide relevant listings that meet the criteria and avails!
How to Respond?
Scroll down and you can start attaching relevant listings to send to the Buyer. We have pre-filtered the specified genre in the Buyer Brief for you, feel free to apply other filters or do a search to look for the content that matches the Buyer's requirements.
If you tried to attach a listing that does not match all the criteria in the Content of Interest section, there is little popup to remind you. It could happen when the metadata of your listing is incomplete. You may continue to attach this listing if you think it is relevant to Buyer's ask.
However, it might affect the visibility of your response to the Buyer, as the Buyer has a filter to look for responses that are exact matches. So do ensure that your listings details are up-to-date and complete!
E.g. Buyer is looking for genre Animation. You have an animation listing that you wish to sent to them. But in your listing metadata, you have selected genre as Adventure only. Our system will detect that this is not an exact match, and you will see the reminder popup.
Look out for the Response Strength at the top of the form. When all the listings match the Content of Interest exactly, you will see a tick. These are the criteria checked against:
3. Release year
4. Language, if specified
5. Format, if specified
When you are ready, click Submit!
What happens after sending a response?
1. When the buyer has viewed your response, you will see an indicator "Buyer has viewed"
2. If you have sent a response but the avails have become unavailable, or any other situation that you need to retract your response, click "Withdraw response" to inform the Buyer.
3. You can always send another response if you need to, the button is right at the bottom of the brief narrative.
4. If the buyer sends you an offer, you will be notified by Email as usual. You will also see a new message in the bell icon on the top right corner, or you can check your Dashboard or Negotiations page.
5. The buyer may also ask questions via chat - you will see a new message in the bell icon on the top right corner. All messages can be found in your Messaging Center.
6. To ensure that you are notified of incoming offers and messages, go to your profile settings to manage your notifications.
7. If the buyer declines your response, you will be notified by Email. You will also see the buyer's decline reason on your response page.
How to see which briefs you have responded to?
On the Buyer Briefs page, look for the Status filter on the top right corner, and filter for Open, responded and Close, Responded.
Have a question? Check out our FAQs on Buyer Briefs