As a Seller, you can create any number of Screening Rooms on Vuulr to showcase your screeners for free! Your Screening Room will be branded with your company name, your listings and a web link you can share, so buyers can watch screeners and make you an offer directly. You can create many different Rooms, e.g. one for each of your key Genres.
This article explains the process of creating a Screening Room, submitting it for approval and managing it.
If you would like us to build a Screening Room for you instead, please submit the request here. Be sure to fill in the details of what kind of room you would like to have!
Creating a Screening Room
Note that Screening Rooms requires approval by the Vuulr Team before they can be published.
Step 1 - Complete your Organization Profile
Make sure you've completed your Organization profile. Head on over to the Organization Profile page to set it up if you haven't already.
Step 2 - Upload and Publish Listings
Create at least 3 listings you wish to feature in the Screening Room, with screeners uploaded. Remember to publish them!
- Screeners can either be uploaded directly onto the platform (recommended) or via Vimeo embed links. Please note that YouTube video links WILL NOT be accepted.
- Also see How to Upload your Screeners
*If you are an independent Seller with less than 3 titles, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your submitted Screening Room. We will waive the minimum no. of listings and approve the Room.
Step 3 - Configure your Screening Room
You can access the Screening Rooms feature here or under your Profile settings > My Organization > Screening Rooms.
Click the Create New Screening Room button to start building your Room.
Part 1. Describe Room
1. Name your Screening Room
Every Screening Room will need a unique name. It can be as simple as the name of your company. It could also be descriptive of the kind of content showcased in the Room.
We recommend you include your organization's name so the Buyer can identify you as the owner of the Room. Also, don't choose something generic like 'Titles': this needs to be a little unique!
In this example, we're creating a Horror-focused Room.
2. Screening Room URL
The system automatically creates the URL based on your Screening Room Name, but you can propose a different URL here. Please note, however, that Vuulr may modify it should there be a conflict with other URLs.
3. Describe your Screening Room
Optionally, you can type in a short paragraph describing the content showcased in your Room. Please do not include any contact details here as they will be removed.
The example for our Horror Screening Room:
4. Showcase Video
You're also able to upload a sizzle reel or another generic introductory video that will be shown before the Screeners in your Room itself. This should not be a screener of one of your titles! It's completely optional.
5. Further Customization of Screening Room Public Landing Page
The Homepage Title and Description
One of the many new features launched with Screening Rooms is the ability for you to customize the homepage that Buyers will see when they land on your Screening Room before logging in.
You can customize the Title and Description on the page and it would display the content in your Screening Room. Here's an example:
Here is where you specify your desired title and description for your homepage:
Part 2. Select Listings
Here is where you select the listings you wish to feature in the Screening Room! You can select up to 12 listings to showcase.
Scroll down and you will see your listings. Simply click the "+" icon to select. Click on the icon again to unselect the listing.
If you have a large catalog, the search bar and filters above lets you easily look for the listing you wish to attach.
Once you are done, scroll back up to the top of the page to check the listings you have selected. You can also drag and drop the posters to change the order of the titles in the Screening Room.
When you're ready, click Save and Preview!
Step 4 - Preview and Submit for Approval
After creating your Room, you'll be taken to a preview page that shows you what it looks like to a Buyer. Check through the details, and if it looks good, click Submit for Approval!
Your Room will then go to the Vuulr Team for review, who will either approve the Room, in which case you'll get a confirmation email; or email you with requested changes.
Viewing and Managing your Screening Room
- Current status of the Screening Room. This indicator will show you whether the Room is in draft mode, whether it is approved or not, and whether it is published or not.
- Action button - depending on the current status of the Screening Room:
- Submit for approval - if the Room is in Pending state, remember to submit it for Vuulr's approval, and it will be published immediately on your behalf
- Unpublish - If the Room is published, you can unpublish it so that it's hidden from Buyer's view
- Edit - You're able to make changes to your Room at any time - but do keep in mind, if you make a change to a Room after it has already been approved, it will need to be approved again before it can be re-published.
- Unique share-able URL - we encourage you to share this link with any and all Buyers!
- Request an email to be sent including direct links to your Room, posters and synopses of your showcased Listings. Your viewers will be able to request this email, or you can forward this email to your buyers and partners.
Thanks for reading this and as ever, if you need more help, email us at email@example.com.