Sellers, you can now showcase your titles to Buyers in an even more engaging way, with your own branded, dedicated Screening Room! This article explains the process of creating a Screening Room(s), submitting it for approval and managing it.
Screening Rooms that Sell for You
Screening Rooms is a powerful new feature that allows you to create a 'shop-in-shop' inside Vuulr.com.
Approved Buyers who visit your Screening Room will be able to progress smoothly from viewing your Screeners, to submitting an acquisition offer to you, allowing you to convert more interest into business.
Screening Rooms are secure and FREE for Sellers on Vuulr!
If you want to be creative, and/or you have a large catalog, you can create many different Rooms, e.g. one for each of your key Genres!
Creating a Screening Room
Before we get started, please make sure that you have
- An approved Seller account with us. Please register at vuulr.com if you need to now!
- You have listed your title(s), ideally 3 or more to give the Buyers a great experience in your Room.
- Make sure your Organisation Profile is complete: the Room will use the Logo and Seller Description from this section. Here is the "How To" on completing your Profile.
Creating a Screening Room is a simple 3-step process, but please note that Screening Rooms do need approval before they can be published.
Before you create your Screening Room, you need to create a "Selection" of titles that you would like to feature in your Room. This is done from within your listings in your Vuulr account.
How do I make a Selection? Please read this other help post How to Make a Selection
Some important points:
- We recommend Selections contain between 3 and 12 listings (the upper limit is 12, but remember you can have multiple Rooms).
- If you are an independent Seller with less than 3 titles, then, when you submit, please let us know separately by email and we will waiver the minimum and approve the Room
- Each listing in the Selection MUST have a Screener - this is a Screening Room, after all!
- The first listing in the Selection is the first listing in your Room, so you might want to put your best title first!
- You can either upload the asset files directly into the marketplace as part of the Listing, or provide Vimeo embed links. Please note that external YouTube video links WILL NOT be accepted. See Using Your Video Assets To Create An Attractive Listing (Trailers & Screeners)
You can either upload the asset files directly into the marketplace as part of the Listing, or provide Vimeo embed links. Please note that external YouTube video links WILL NOT be accepted. See Using Your Video Assets To Create An Attractive Listing (Trailers & Screeners)
Once logged in, the Screening Rooms feature can be accessed either directly here https://www.vuulr.com/settings/screening-rooms or by finding the Screening Rooms menu option under the User Profile:
In the Screening Rooms management page, we show a bit of information about what this feature is all about, and an overview of your existing Screening Rooms (if you have any!).
Now you can start to build your Room. Click the Create new Screening Room button.
You'll be presented with a form which allows you to configure your Screening Room.
Name of Screening Room
Every Screening Room will need a unique name. It can be as simple as the name of your company. It could also be descriptive of the kind of content showcased in the Screening Room.
We recommend you include your organization's name so the Buyer can identify you as the owner of the Room. Also, don't choose something generic like 'Titles': this needs to be a little unique!
In this example, we're creating a Horror-focused Room.
Screening Room Description
Optionally, you can type in a short paragraph describing the content showcased in your Room. Please do not include any contact details here: They will be removed.
The example for our Horror Screening Room:
Countries of Focus
If your Room showcases content from a specific set of countries (such as Korean Dramas), you can specify one or more countries here. This helps Buyers when they're searching for Rooms, because they're able to search by a specific country(ies).
In our example here, we have selected "Global" as our Screening Room really isn't focused on any one country.
Genres of Focus
Similar to the Countries of Focus option above, if your Screening Room showcases content from a specific set of genres (e.g. Action, Adventure) you can specify one or more of those here. Again, this all helps Buyers to search more effectively.
In our example here, our Room showcases 'Horror' and 'Drama' content.
Selection of Listings
The next step is to select which Selection you wish to appear in the Room. As we said earlier in this help post, you needed to have done this step beforehand. If you haven't, please scroll back up to 'Step 1'!
Once you have set up your Room, and it has been Published by the Vuulr team, you'll want to let everyone know! This section tells you how you can configure your own unique URL for your Room, to share with Buyers, as well as customize the Homepage that Buyers will see before a login.
Unique URL for Screening Room
The system automatically creates the URL based on your Screening Room Name, but you can propose a different URL here. Please note, however, that Vuulr may modify it should there be a conflict with other URLs.
When you're ready, click Save! Awesome.
Your Room will then go to the Vuulr Operations team for review, who will either approve the Room, in which case you'll get a confirmation email, or email you with requested changes.
The Homepage Title and Description
One of the many new features launched with Screening Rooms is the ability for you to customize the Landing Page that unregistered Buyers will see when they land on the home page.
Each Room comes with its own version of the Vuulr homepage: You can customize the Title, Subtitle and Posters to make your Homepage reflect your Company image, and the Content in your Room.
Here is where you can specify what you want the title and subtitle to be (along with the posters of the selection!)
Following our Horror theme...
For the example used above, the customized homepage would look like this:
You're also able to upload a sizzle reel or other introductory video that will be shown before the Screeners in your Room itself. This is completely optional.
Viewing and Managing your Screening Room
After creating your Room, you'll be taken to a page that shows you what it looks like to a Buyer.
There are some exceptions, namely:
- There are controls at the top allowing you to edit and submit for approval,
- The chat will not be active as only Buyers will be able to initiate conversations with you.
- Current status of the Screening Room. Available options: Pending and Approved
- Publish status - Unpublished or Published (Published = Buyers can view the Screening Room, and vice versa)
- Action button - depending on the current status of the Screening Room:
- Submit for approval - if the Screening Room is in Pending state, then you'll be able to submit it for approval, and it will be published immediately on your behalf
- Publish - If the Screening Room is approved, you can Publish it at any time
- Unpublish - If the Screening Room is published, you can Unpublish it so that it's not viewable in the marketplace
- Edit - You're able to make changes to your Room at any time - but do keep in mind, if you make a change to a Screening Room after it has already been approved, it will need to be approved again before it can be re-published.
- Unique share-able URL - we encourage you to share this link with any and all Buyers! A registered Buyer will sail right in to your Room, while an unregistered one will be enticed by your homepage, and then they have a simple free registration (which Vuulr vets) if they want to progress further, watch your Screeners and offer on your titles.
Thanks for reading this and as ever, if you need more help, email us at email@example.com.