What are the costs involved as a Seller?
There are no upfront costs - it’s free to list an unlimited number of listings on Vuulr! We only charge a 10% commission upon a successful deal.
I’ve given exclusive distribution rights to another agent; can I still list on Vuulr?
Yes, Vuulr doesn’t require exclusivity to list. We are complementary to your existing distribution arrangements, so your listings on Vuulr can be managed by you or your appointed distributor.
As an independent production company, I don’t have many films. Can I still list my content on Vuulr?
Yes, you can. We welcome, and champion, budding and independent filmmakers by giving them an opportunity for their work to be discovered by buyers worldwide.
As an independent production company, you can also learn more about How to Use Your Assets to Create Attractive Listings here!
How do I update my Company Profile?
At the moment, we’re still working on that functionality. In the meantime, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
What sort of content can I list?
We accept listings for broadcast-quality finished content for: Film, TV Series, TV Show/Special, Web Series, Short Form, eSport and AR/VR.
What content can’t I list?
We do not accept advertisements, ingredient clips, interstitials and content considered as pornography or deemed illegal in its country of origin.
Do you accept Shorts?
We accept short films, but cut clips don’t work i.e. shorts which do not have a "start/middle/end”.
Can I manage Avails for my listings?
Yes, you can. We offer a simple way to manage a Listing's Avails, according to:
- Rights Format
To learn more about managing avails, click here
What do I need to have ready in order to list?
You would need:
- Key artwork - the poster or 'cover art; for the content you are listing
- Listing details - for example: synopsis, run-time
- Production details - for example: producer, director
- Awards - any awards your listing has won or been nominated for
- Media Uploads: Add any additional images and also screeners/trailers, etc.
- Enter the ‘Availability’ for the listing
- Enter the ‘Unavailability’ for the listing
How do we upload our content?
There are two ways to load your listings into the Vuulr Marketplace
- One at a time via a Web form
- Bulk load via an Excel template (For more than 10 titles)
- After clicking on the Add New Listing button, you can click on the “Bulk Upload Listings” drop down button on the right hand side of your screen. From there, you can download the template for Bulk Listings and fill in the metadata, trailer links (Vimeo) and Avails.
- Please email these with your poster artwork in a zip file or as a download link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where do I find the metadata template for bulk loading?
You can find the Metadata template here. Go to File>Make a Copy, to create your own editable version. You can focus on the ‘Listings' and the ‘Avails' tab.
How do I publish my listings?
There are 3 states a listing has: Published, Un-published, and Demo.
In order to publish a listing, you must first create at least one Avails package so that Buyers will be able to search based on Avails criteria.
Find out more about How to Publish a Listing
How do I unpublish/ delete a listing?
Simply click on the ‘unpublish’ button and it will not be presented on the marketplace. To delete a listing permanently please reach out to support@vuulr.
Do I need to upload full broadcast-quality content?
No, our platform only requires ‘preview’ quality for your buyers to evaluate their interest. For uploading video assets, we support standard video formats such as MP4, AVIs etc. Videos should be of HD quality to assist the buyer in evaluating the quality of the production.
- H.264 for the video codec (compression method).
- Frame rate: usually 29.97, but 24 and 25 are accepted as well.
- Sound codec: AAC-LC (Advanced Audio Codec)
- Sound sample rate: 48 kHz
- Audio quality: constant bitrate of 320 kbps
- Size and bitrate:
- Recommended 1920×1080 for 1080p HD video, 10Mbs - 20Mbs bitrate
- Also Allowed
- 1280×720 for 720p HD video, 5Mbs - 10Mbs bitrate
- 640×480 for standard definition 4:3 video, 2Mbs - 5Mbs bitrate
- 640×360 for standard definition 16:9 video, 2Mbs - 5Mbs bitrate
How do I initiate contact with a buyer?
Contacting a buyer for the first-time: The first contact is buyer initiated. If the buyer is interested in negotiating, you will receive a chat message, request for proposal or an offer.
Contacting a buyer you’ve worked with: You can access your past chats via your messaging centre, which can be found in the left navigation bar.
How do I promote my content on Vuulr to buyers?
You can create a selection of your titles and share them with your prospective buyers via email or a web link. Learn more about it: How-To page for Creating a Selection.
We also have paid advertising options to promote your content (e.g. sponsored collection on our homepage or newsletter banners), kindly reach out to email@example.com to find out more.
Where are buyers on Vuulr from?
Here is a geographical breakdown of our buyers: USA (35%), Europe (28%), Asia (26%), LatAm (5%), Africa (4%) & Middle East (3%).
How will I know when a buyer is interested in my content?
If the buyer is interested in negotiating, you will receive a chat message, request for proposal or an offer. When this happens, you’ll be notified via SMS and/or email (depending on your Notification settings). You can also access new Offers or Requests for Proposals in your “Dashboard” on the left side of your screen.
I’ve received an inquiry, proposal or offer. Can I see the buyer's profile?
Not all buyers have uploaded their company profile. However, you can reach out to our Marketplace Success Consultants at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more details on the buyer before continuing the negotiations.
How do I send Avails to a buyer?
You may do so in 2 ways:
- Save a Selection of the titles that are available and attach the link to the selection in a message to the buyer.
- Reach out to support@vuulr to provide the avails (e.g. in Excel) and we will send it on to the buyer
How do I edit listings in a Bundled Deal Offer or Proposal?
To edit listings in a Bundled Offer, start by making a counteroffer. If it is a Bundled RFP, you can respond by Making a Proposal.
In the Offer/Proposal, you will be able to remove and/or replace the listings selected by the buyer for their review. Remember to leave the Buyer a message in the chat or custom terms to inform them of the change in the listing.
Can I receive more than one Bundled Deal by the same buyer?
Yes, you can receive multiple active Bundled Offers and Proposals by the same buyer.
I’ve received an offer or proposal for a single title from a buyer and I would like to recommend more of my listings. Can I convert it to a Bundled Deal?
No, all Bundled Deals have to first be initiated by the Buyer. However, you have the option of creating a selection of listings you want to recommend, and sending the link of that selection to your buyer. This can be done through the custom terms of the Offer/ Proposal, or through the chat function, to encourage the buyer to initiate a bundled deal.
Learn more about what you can do with your selections with our article on How To Create A Selection Of Your Content For Your Outbound Marketing