What Rights Types are supported on Vuulr?
Vuulr currently supports license types for TV (Free to Air & PayTV), OTT (FAST, SVOD, AVOD, TVOD, EST) channels, Transport services and others.
Free to Air - Terrestrial/Broadcast TV ("Free to Air") - Terrestrial Free TV, Cable Free TV, and Satellite Free TV exploitation but does not include any form of PayPerView, Pay TV, Internet or ClosedNet form of
FAST - Free Ad-supported Streaming TV - Digital Ad-supported, linear channels/streams are delivered over the internet and available from third party platforms
- Pay TV - Terrestrial Pay TV, Cable Pay TV and Satellite Pay TV exploitation but does not include any form of PayPerView, Free TV, Internet or ClosedNet exploitation.
- S-VOD - Video on Demand service typically delivered over the Internet provided to a user who is required to pay a set fee for a specified period to stream the content along with other content available in the same manner.
- A-VOD - Video on Demand service provided to viewers free of charge, monetized by advertising, typically delivered over the Internet.
- T-VOD (Rental) - Short term license for acquiring and watching a program. Typically used for short-term Rentals only for non-public viewing within a private living place where no admission fee is charged for such viewing.
- EST (Electronic Sell Through) - A one-time purchase to own, typically digital downloads only for non-public viewing within a private living place where no admission fee is charged for such viewing.
- Transport - Screening directly to an audience in planes, trains, buses, taxis, cruise liners or any other means of transportation. Can be Linear or Video on Demand.
- Other - Have a specific need that doesn't fit within the pre-defined Rights Formats? Choose "Other". Note that Other will not factor into Avails compliance, and only Fixed Price pricing models are supported. Be sure to choose Other if you have a true need that is not represented by the pre-defined Rights Formats.
Apart from flat rate, what pricing models do you support?
To provide our Buyer and Seller communities with as much flexibility as possible, we support the following pricing models:
- Flat Rate
- Performance - By Viewer Count
- Performance - By Stream Length
- By Advertising Revenue Share
- By Subscriber Revenue Share
- By Share of Transaction Revenue
How do I acquire or sell Remake rights?
As a seller, you can mention in the title’s synopsis that the format is available for remake rights.
As a buyer, you can select ‘others’ in the rights explorer and input ‘remake / format rights’ and then continue to complete the deal terms on the offer template. For any additional information that is not captured through the template you can include it in the custom terms box.
Is there any Minimum Guarantee?
Buyers can choose to make flat fee offers, as well as performance-based offers, which may or may not include a Minimum Guarantee. Sellers can respond to proposals or counter offers with a Minimum Guarantee. We encourage buyers and sellers to negotiate with each other to arrive at an agreement.
What is your commission model?
We only charge Sellers 10% of the deal value when a sale is completed. Buyers are not charged any fees or commission!
How do I customise notifications for my negotiations?
You can customise your settings to receive notifications via email, SMS or both. Under your profile (top right corner), click on your name and go to Notifications. Find out more about How to Customise your Notifications.
How do I keep track of my negotiation and deals?
Use your dashboard to track all your negotiations, proposals, messages and deals. You can access your dashboard from the navigation panel at the left-hand side of your screen.
Is payment, transcoding and content delivery done through Vuulr?
We currently facilitate up till the deal memo stage. Once the deal memo is completed, payment and content delivery should be managed between Buyer & Seller according to the terms agreed.
How are deal memos exchanged?
A deal memo is automatically generated once a deal is successfully agreed by both parties on the Vuulr marketplace.
N.B. The agreed set of standard Terms & Conditions are also appended to the Deal Memo for both the Buyer and Seller.
How do I indicate certain deal terms that are not captured in the offer?
You can indicate the relevant terms, or any information which isn’t provided for through the template, in the Custom Terms box, which is included in the deal memo.
Can I change terms after a deal memo is agreed upon?
No. After both parties have officially agreed on the terms and conditions in the deal memo, you cannot change the terms. If you need more assistance on this, please contact email@example.com.
What happens after a deal memo has been accepted?
A deal memo that has been accepted by Buyer & Seller is the final step on the vuulr platform. The contact information of both parties is revealed in the completed deal memo and the next step is to reach out directly to each other for invoicing, payments and delivery of assets.
How is the commission calculated for deals that don’t involve a flat fee?
For “performance-based” deals, the 10% commission will be calculated and billed at the end of each quarter for the license period.
How does invoicing work?
Please login and refer to this system alert for a comprehensive description of our Billings policy.